Saturday, 13 February 2016

Diego Costa becomes latest masked man in Chelsea's 'Zorro team'

Numerous Chelsea players have worn protective masks in recent seasonsDiego Costa became the latest Chelsea player to wear a protective face mask in their 5-1 win over Newcastle on Saturday Night Football.
The striker, who scored Chelsea's opening goal at Stamford Bridge, broke his nose in a collision with young defender Fikayo Tomori in training on Thursday.
Costa joined Cesar Azpilicueta in wearing a mask against the Magpies, with the Spanish defender still recovering from a fractured cheekbone.
Diego Costa and Cesar Azpilicueta wore face masks against Newcastle
Diego Costa and Cesar Azpilicueta wore face masks against Newcastle 
"We are a team with a lot of masks," joked manager Guus Hiddink in his pre-match press conference. "We are a Zorro team!"
Nemanja Matic makes a tackle against Porto while wearing a face mask
Nemanja Matic makes a tackle against Porto while wearing a face mask
Indeed, Costa and Azpilicueta are not the only Chelsea players to have worn masks this season, with Nemanja Matic and Gary Cahill also sustaining facial injuries earlier in the campaign.
Defender Gary Cahill had to wear a mask earlier this season
Defender Gary Cahill had to wear a mask earlier this season
The spate of facial injuries would be unusual by most club's standards, but for Chelsea it has been an oddly recurrent theme over the last few years.
Cesc Fabregas had to wear a mask for a part of last season
Cesc Fabregas had to wear a mask for a part of last season
Cesc Fabregas had to wear a mask after a clash with Stoke's Charlie Adam at Stamford Bridge last season, and in 2012/13 Fernando Torres wore a mask for two months of the campaign after breaking his nose.
Fernando Torres wears a face mask in a Champions League tie against Basel
Fernando Torres wears a face mask in a Champions League tie against Basel
Petr Cech had to wear a mask beneath his usual headgear in the 2011/12 campaign, and back in 2007/08 John Terry had to wear the same kind of protective gear.
Petr Cech wore a mask under his helmet in the 2011/12 season
Petr Cech wore a mask under his helmet in the 2011/12 season
Other former Chelsea players to have worn masks include midfielder Ramires, defender Paulo Ferreira and striker Demba Ba.
Terry wore a transparent face mask in the 2007/08 campaign
Terry wore a transparent face mask in the 2007/08 campaign
 

Dickson accuses media of aiding kidnappers


Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson, has accused the media of working to promote the interest of kidnappers in the state.
Dickson, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Daniel Iworiso-Markson, on Friday said kidnappers were collaborating with the media to secure ransom from their victim’s families.
The governor’s 26-year-old younger sister, Nancy Dickson, who is a student of the Niger Delta University, Amassoma, has spent over seven weeks in kidnappers’ den.
However, Dickson has warned Bayelsans against succumbing to the pressure and blackmail of paying ransom to kidnappers.
He said, “Whether they are living in Yenagoa or Abuja; whether they are traditional rulers or APC or PDP, we will go after them at the right time. And I want to use this opportunity to call on media outfits not to allow themselves to be used to propagate crime and criminality.
“We are witnessing a trend in Bayelsa where people kidnap and the media will now be used to put pressure for ransom to be paid. There will be no ransom payment in this state.”
Dickson said plans were underway to amend the existing state criminal code to address the wave of crimes in the state.
On the rate of kidnappings, Dickson stated that security was undermined following the electoral violence that trailed the last governorship election, adding that the government “has already started unveiling its comprehensive strategy of returning Bayelsa to its days of peace.”
The governor said the recent ban on the use of 200 horsepower engine boats was one of the measures put in place by his government to check kidnapping, sea piracy and other criminal acts on the state’s waterways.
Dickson assured the people of his administration’s commitment to tackle kidnapping and pipeline vandalism in the state.
He warned youths to desist from perpetrating crimes, noting that anyone caught breaching the peace would be brought to justice.
Dickson said, “For now, security personnel will only use such boats because those are the boats used by kidnappers. Kidnapping is on the rise, which is a fall out of the deliberate compromise of our security.
“Let me assure Bayelsans that by the time we invigorate our security programme and make more investments, all the criminals will leave Bayelsa again for their own good.”

Buhari, TY Danjuma, recall events of Feb 13,


President Muhammadu Buhari and Lt.Gen. TY Danjuma (retd) on Saturday joined several other Nigerians to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the assassination of General Murtala Mohammed in a failed coup attempt.
The event was the Murtala Mohammed 40th memorial  lecture, held at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja.
Buhari recalled that he was already seated in his office as the Military Governor of the defunct North East State when he received a call from General Danjuma who informed him about happenings in Lagos with an order to “do something.”
He described the late Nigeria military ruler as a true leader of men, a true Nigerian patriot and statesman.
On his part, Danjuma recalled that he was number three on the list of the mutineers but that when they took the list to the the Commissioner of Defence, Maj. Gen. Bissalla who was part of the conspirators, the general “moved my name up to number 2”.
Details later…

NAF denies locating missing Chibok girls


The Nigerian Air Force has denied reports that it’s operatives had located the missing girls of Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok.
The Director,   Public Relations and Information of the NAF, Group. Capt. Ayodele Famuyiwa, said in an electronic mail on Saturday that the claim misrepresented an interview he granted Channels Television on February 12, 2016.
According to him, what was said was that the NAF had the capacity to identify possible areas where the girls might be held.
Famuyiwa said that while the NAF had not identified the specific location of the missing secondary school girls who were abducted in April 20, 2014, the service had been working hard with surveillance aircraft covering a wide area in the search for the girls.
He said that the NAF would continue to contribute to the mission to degrade the capacity of the insurgents and to work towards finding the girls and other Nigerians held captive by the insurgents.
“The attention of the Nigerian Air Force has been drawn to a statement to the effect that the NAF has located the position of the Chibok girls. Please, let it be known that this statement is a misrepresentation of the interview that the NAF’s Director of Public Relations granted the Channels Television that was aired on Friday 12 February 2016.
“The NAF is hereby making it categorically clear that in the said interview the director made mention of the NAF’s ability to identify possible location that the girls might be in.
“Hence, the NAF wishes to categorically state that it has at no time identified the specific location of the Chibok girls. However, it is working round the clock with surveillance aircraft covering the over 157,000 km2 area of the North East in order to identify the position of not only the Chibok girls but other Nigerians that might have been held captives.
“Towards the realization of this goal, the NAF has from January 2016 till date using aircraft, ISR platforms such as ATR-42, B-350 and CH-3 UAV, flown surveillance missions totaling over 346 hours consuming about 85,887 litres of Jet A-1 and 3,830 litres of Mogas costing N15,337,862:50 and $19,150:00 respectively.
“Therefore, whilst the specific position of the Chibok girls is not yet ascertained by the NAF, we have not folded our arms on the surveillance flights and will continue to use these flights to degrade the capacity of the terrorists and as soon as possible locate the position of the Chibok girls and other Nigerians that are under captivity.” The statement read.

Katy Perry and new boyfriend, Orlando Bloom pictured kissing at Adele's concert

Singer Katy Perry and actor Orlando Bloom have quietly been dating for weeks now but couldn't resist kissing each other publicly as they attended a star-studded Adele concert in Los Angeles on Friday night. The A-list stars were photographed happily dancing, singing and kissing as they enjoyed the show with other stars, including Tom Hanks, Robbie Williams, Emma Stone and Jennifer Lawrence. See more photos after the cut..



Katy's ex John Mayor was also there with a female companion

Graphic photos: Couple and their two children involved in fatal accident in Gombe state

A couple and their two children were involved in a fatal accident on Thursday, February 11, at Kaltungo in Gombe state. The family was reportedly traveling to Adamawa State from Maiduguri in their private car - a Honda, when the accident occurred killing the man on the spot. The woman and the children were rescued but were seriously injured. The three were taken to Kaltungo General Hospital where they are currently receiving treatment. See the graphic pic from the scene after the cut
 
 Source/photo credit: Plateau News

NSCDC arrests bush burners, pipeline vandals in Delta


Operatives of the Nigeria Civil Defence Corps in Delta State have arrested six suspected bush burners in Sapele and Oghara communities and six suspected pipeline vandals in Ogwashi-Uku community near Asaba.
The suspects were said to have been arrested in the early hours of Friday following a tip-off and the help of various vigilante groups in the areas.
The NSCDC Commandant in the state, Mrs. Beatrice Irabor who spoke to journalists in Asaba, said that based on the power granted the corps to prosecute pipeline vandals in accordance to the NSCDC amendment act 2007, the suspects are being prosecuted.

Ben Murray-Bruce's response to a twitter user who berated him for calling for youth ministers


Choi!

Iyabo Ojo gifts her PA a Toyota Corolla for her birthday see (photos)

Actress Iyabo Ojo today gifted a Toyota Corolla car to her Personal Assistant, Gbeminiyi - who turns 31 tomorrow. The lady fell on the floor in shock. Screenshots from the videos shared by the actress on her Instagram page after the cut...








Chrissy Teigen and her baby bump step out in New York (photos)


The pregnant model and TV personality looked amazing as she stepped out to have dinner with pals in New York yesterday night...

Singer Monica stuns on the runway (photos)

The singer who looked almost as good if not better than the models, walked the runway at the Go Red For Women Red Dress Collection charity event for the Red Cross...


Former Miss Nigeria, Sylvia Emechete, shares sexy new photos

Sylvia Edem Emechete was Miss Nigeria 2002. She's married with two children...she looks amazing! See more photos after the cut...



Mercy Aigbe-Gentry hits the beach in pink bikini & white net top see Photos

The actress is currently on holiday in Dubai. See more photos after the cut..
 

Movie producer Emem Isong shows off baby bump :Photos

Nollywood movie producer, Emem Isong and her Cameroonian husband Akama Misodi are expecting their first child. The mother of one shared her baby bump photos on her Instagram page. Congrats to them....continue for more photos...



Shows

Shows