Friday, 3 February 2017

Boko Haram cuts off a member's limbs for wanting to leave the group


Former member of the Boko haram terrorist group, Muhammad Abubakar, 31, had his hand and leg amputated by other members of the terrorist group because he tried to quit.

He revealed this to newsmen during a press briefing yesterday in Maiduguri organised by Major General Lucky Irabor, the Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, Vanguard reports.


According to his account of the incident, he told a friend and fellow Boko haram member, Hassan Dan-Guduma, that he wanted to renounce his membership because he no longer shared the same ideals as the group. Hassan pretended to agree but went on to betray him, bringing with him other members of the group to punish Muhammad for his decision.
“They said I was planning to expose them, so they did this to me. After they chopped off my right hand and left leg, they threw me into a culvert, where I was left struggling, until soldiers came and rescued me. 
"All I can say is that all we had been told by Boko Haram leaders were lies and misleading. I never joined them to kill anyone,” Muhammad said.
Major General Irabor revealed that Muhammad is still being interrogated as regards the activities of his former sect members.

LIB exclusive: Why I won't let the Feb 6th protest hold in Lagos - Commissioner of Police


Yesterday, there were reports that the Lagos state commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, placed a ban on the February 6th protest against the federal government in Lagos. Speaking exclusively to LIB this morning, the commissioner while clarifying his position on the issue said:
"What the police in the command has done is to bring attention of the organizers of the protest to the provision of the constitution. The constitution does allow right to freedom of expression and right to peaceful assembly and the same constitution in section 45 also puts what is called restriction to the fundamental rights..
The implication of that is that the right to freedom of expression, the right to peaceful assembly are not absolute. The constitution has given us that authority to act when those two rights of freedom of assembly and freedom of expression are going to affect the right and freedom of other persons and of course if they are going to affect safety, public order and security.
We have met with the organizers of the 2face rally. The other group that also want to do pro-government rally, we have brought their attention to the provisions of the constitution and its on the bases of that that we are advising them to shelve whatever rallies as a respect to the constitution. It is not power or the take of the police commissioner to say he is banning a rally. I am not the law. Everything the police do is within the confines of the law. We only brought their attention to those provisions of the law and advised them to abide with the constitution.
After seeing all the controversies surrounding what they want to do, we also have a duty to protect the rights and freedom of other persons. Since its going to affect public safety and order, it is a mandate that where every other persons want to go to work, so we have advised them on the basis of what the constitution says and that is our position"
Speaking further, he said  
"We have told them that those rights (freedom to peaceful assembly and freedom of expression) they want to use are not absolute and we have told them that the constitution has put a restriction on those rights and in furtherance, advised them to shelve the rally".
Asked if the force would put up any resistance should the protest go ahead on Monday, Owoseni said 
"We believe that they are very responsible people and they will abide by the provision of that constitution that makes their rights not to be absolute to respect the rights of other citizens. We are assuring the members of the public that we would do the needful to ensure everybody goes about his or her lawful business without any injuries".

'US & South Korea are plotting nuclear war against us'- North Korea alleges as US strongly warns N.Korea


The tensions between the U.S and North Korea keeps on escalating, and show no signs of slowing down as North Korea has accused the U.S of plotting with South Korea to attack North Korea with Nuclear weapons.

North Korea's allegations comes after just a day after newly appointed US Defense Secretary James Mattis arrived in South Korea and pledged to deploy THAAD -- the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense system -- to protect South Korea and friends of America from Kim Jong-Un's nuclear bomb threats.
Kim Jong Un's regime in the early part of 2016 carried out nuclear missile tests but since Donald Trump's presidential election win and eventual resumption of duties, Kim has been quiet with his nuclear test plans.
According to statements by the National Peace Committee of North Korea, reported by the official Korean Central News Agency, the U.S and South Korea's desire to deploy the THAAD, has put the two countries on the brink of nuclear war with North Korea.
The KCNA statement said:
'THAAD is part of an offensive strategy between Seoul and Washington, and the two countries have worked out a plan for a preemptive attack on the North and are desperately pushing it forward, pushing the situation on the peninsula to the brink of a nuclear war."

Defense secretary Mattis, who arrived Seoul's Osan Air Base warned North Korea on behalf of America, saying it was North Korea's continous threats of Nuclear action and Nuclear strikes, that made the creation and deployment of THAAD necessary.
Speaking in a press conference on Friday alongside South Korea's Defense minister, Han Min-koo, Mattis warned North Korea.
"North Korea continues to launch missiles, develop its nuclear weapons program and engage in threatening rhetoric and behavior," Mattis said. 
"Any attack on the United States or on our allies will be defeated and any use of nuclear weapons will be met with a response that will be effective and overwhelming," 
"We are also committed to expanding trilateral venues of cooperation with Japan where the mutual defense of our nations is best served through teamwork,"

Photos and Video. Doctors pull live cockroach from inside woman's skull

Doctors in India pulled a live cockroach from the skull of a 42yr old domestic helper named Selvi after she woke up in the middle of the night with a "crawling sensation" in her right nostril which became a "burning" feeling in her head.

 Selvi, from Injambakkam, India, who did not want to give her full name, said:
"My immediate reaction after feeling that crawling sensation in the right nostril was to brush it off in half sleep. But before I could do anything, it went inside. I could not explain the feeling but I was sure it was some insect. 
"There was a tingling and crawling sensation. Whenever it moved, it gave me a burning sensation in my eyes. I spent the entire night in discomfort, sitting up and waiting for dawn to go to Stanley hospital after getting the reference of a doctor from my employer."
The next morning, Selvi and her son headed to the nearest clinic where medics could find nothing wrong.

The next day she went to state-run Stanley Medical College Hospital, in Chennai, where doctors found the live roach. Baffled medics used a nasal endoscopy to find the insect "sitting in the skull base between her eyes".

 They were forced to used clamps and a sucker to get it out, but miraculously the bug was still alive.
Doctors said if Selvi had ignored the scratchy sensation, the insect would have died, causing an infection close to her brain. Dr M N Shankar, head of the ENT department at the hospital, said:
"This is the first such case I have seen in my three decades of practice. It was sitting in the skull base, between the two eyes, close to the brain. 
"If left inside, it would have died before long and the patient would have developed infection which would have spread to the brain. 
"It was difficult to remove it because of the place it was sitting in. I had to first drag it to a place from where I could pull it out. It was finally removed after 45 minutes."
Watch the video below..

LIB exclusive: The police hasn't told us they are banning the protest- 2face foundation says, reacts to Blackface's comments


2face foundation, owned by singer 2face Idibia who is part of the organizers of the February 6th nationwide protest, says they are in talks with the Lagos state police command and that the police hasn't told them they are banning the protest.
Speaking exclusively to LIB this morning, 2face's manager and an executive of 2face foundation, Efe Omoroge, said the police has not informed them that the planned protest has been banned.
"We have reached out to them. We are having conversations with them. I am not sure the news making the rounds about the protest is true. The feedback from the police authorities is quite different from that. I am not sure about the source of the police story and how true it is. The police has not told us they are banning the protest. We are in talks with them. They have not communicated that to us either in words, written form or body language. Maybe you should reach out to the police authorities to clarify their stance but on behalf of the 2face foundation, we do not think that is true because that is not the feedback we have received. We do not think the police will be telling us one thing and will be telling the media something else"he said
Asked if they have requested for a protest permit, Omorogbe said 
"We are actively engaging the police. Our protest is a controlled conversation. Our objectives are clear. 2baba is a peace ambassador. The 2face foundation's primary focus is peace building and advocating for good governance. The protest is a citizens engagement. It is not an organized labor conversation. It is not pro or against anybody or religion. It is unrepresented"he said
Reacting to Blackface and other persons attacking the planned protest, Omorogbe said 
"Freedom of speech. It is a free country. The way I have the right to say the sun is quite high and I am feeling hot is the same way someone has the right to say the sun is quite high but I am cold".
Nordstrom has revealed that they will stop carrying Ivanka Trump's brand. This comes after the Grab Your Wallet campaign, which called for shoppers to boycott retailers that carry Ivanka Trump or Donald Trump goods.
The department store chain which offers thousands of brands revealed that they decided to remove Ivanka's brand from their site due to poor sales.
“We’ve said all along we make buying decisions based on performance. In this case, based on the brand’s performance, we’ve decided not to buy it for this season,” a statement from the company read.
However, some believe the brand might have been pulled off due to pressure from the #GrabYourWallet campaign. The co-founder of the campaign, Shannon Coulter, felt so too and gleefully shared the news on her Twitter accounts, thanking supporters of the campaign for making it happen.
“I am absolutely thrilled, and I know the vast majority of Grab Your Wallet participants will be as well,” said Shannon Coulter.
Nordstrom was one of the first retail partners to stock Ivanka's footwears, and they had earlier faced criticisms from the Grab Your Wallet campaigners who tried to force the store to drop brands that belong to the Trumps.
In reaction to the criticisms, in November last year, Pete Nordstroms, Co-president of Nordstrom, defended its decision to sell Trump products.
“This is a sharply divisive subject. No matter what we do, we are going to end up disappointing some of our customers. Every single brand we offer is evaluated on their results -- if people don’t buy it, we won’t sell it.” Nordstrom said.
The company went on to post a response on Twitter to an open letter calling for Nordstrom to stop selling the Trump brand.
“We hope that offering a vendor’s products isn’t misunderstood as us taking a political position; we’re not. We recognize our customers can make choices about what they purchase based on personal views and we’ll continue to give them options.”
If the statement by Nordstrom is anything to go by, then it appears the customers made good on their threat and stopped buying, leading to a drop in sales, hence the decision by Nordstrom.

Photos/video: African woman murdered in India during argument over money for sexual favour

An African woman said to be a commercial sex worker was brutally stabbed to death by a young man allegedly over a trivial row at her house in Kothanur, Bengaluru, India in the early hours of Thursday, February 2nd.

The deceased identified as Florence Nakayaki from Uganda, had met Ishan, a student and native of Himachal Pradesh, at MG Road and later took him to her house in Thimmegowda layout allegedly for sexual favours after he promised to pay her Rs. 5,000.




According to the police, Florence soon after reaching home had demanded Rs. 10,000 and threatened Ishan at knife point. Heated arguments ensued and took an ugly turn when Ishan snatched the knife and stabbed her to death.
Residents who heard the commotion alerted the police. Bagaluru police inspector Anjan Kumar, who was on night duty, rushed to the spot to investigate. But a group of African nationals, who had gathered at the spot by then, attacked Mr. Kumar.
Additional police rushed to the spot and arrested Ishan and another African. The case is currently under investigation.

https://web.facebook.com/djabuzya.abdullahi/videos/699695943523347/

Graphic photos: Ugandan police man who tested positive to HIV commits suicide after mudering his wife


A Ugandan police officer who discovered he was HIV positive has murdered his wife and committed suicide. According to Facebook user, Basudde Sam who shared the photos, the police officer, Mr Godfrey Sabiti a father of three took his family to go conduct a HIV test and allegedly discovered he was positive, he murdered his wife then wrote a suicde note before he killed himself.
 However, it is reported that the test results of his wife and kids have been retrieved and it all reads negative. Basudde wrote; 
A police officer attached to VIP Protection Unit has killed himself after shooting his wife dead. Police say Godfrey Sabiti, a resident of Nsambya barracks killed his wife before turning the same gun at himself after he allegedly tested HIV positive. “We have recovered the test results of HIV for the wife, Akol and the children except for the man. These reads negative. We suspect that the man must have found himself positive and took a wrong decision. He planned it since he took all the family members for HIV test on January 24, 2017,” said Kampala Metropolitan Police deputy spokesman, Paul Kangave. This is the second officer to kill himself in just two months period. In December last year, Patrick Oloya, a Field Force Unit (FFU) personnel attached to Pader Central Police station ended his life after locking himself inside his uni-port house at the Police barracks.
See the photos below...